This is something I’ve been mulling over for the past couple of years, but every year I go through August emailing and DM-ing Redzone who ran one for a couple of years, asking them to set one up, and every year I’m disappointed when they do nothing.
So, I have taken it upon myself to set it up this year!
It will be run on RunYourPool.com which was where Redzone ran theirs, and the site I’ve used for the past few post-sesaon competitions that I’ve done.
Entry fee is a bit of a sticking point for me personally. It will be transferred into a Monzo account I set up specifically for Fantasy Football purposes, it’s what I use for the Fantasy leagues, and isn’t linked to anything else in my life. I appreciate that sending a large amount to someone on the internet could make people apprehensive, but I’ve run leagues on here for half a decade now and never had a complaint about not paying up, so I feel I can be trusted.
With that in mind, I don’t feel comfortable charging £250 like Redzone did, but £100 seemed too little for an entire season of action
So I’ve settled on £120 for the year, that works out at £6.66 per week. The entire entry fee goes into the prize pool and will be paid out without Vig come the end of the season. – 70% will go to the winner, 20% to second and 10% for third place. – This is dependant on there being at least 12 entrants, then 3rd will at least recoup their stake, 2nd will double up and 1st obviously does pretty well- it will be adjusted should there be fewer entrants. – I am hopeful of at least 20 and you will be allowed to have a MAXIMUM of 2 entries.
The Rules –
- Maximum of 2 entries per person.
- Each week you will receive an email (usually Thursday morning (GMT)) from RunYourPool notifying you that the lines for the coming week are available, you have until the Sunday kick off times to pick 5 spreads, including one “Best Bet” which will give a bonus point should it win.
- Tiebreaker each week will be combined total points for the last game of the week.
- Most points come the end of the season wins.
- Payouts will be within 7 days of the final game of the season.
If you are interested please fill in the form below, I’ll send you the bank details and once that’s sent over a link to the contest. Everything from that point on will be done through RunYourPool.com until payouts are required at the end of the season.