Merry Christmas to everyone who has read my previews this year, it’s hugely appreciated and makes all the hard work worth it.
If you’re not aware it’s one person doing these every week and it takes a good few hours every Sunday as well as an hour or two during the week for as many midweek previews as I can do. So it’s a fair bit of work, but getting the numbers I have this year makes it seem worth it, and while my official tips have been poor I hope that I’ve been able to guide you to some wins, or my opinion on things has in some way been helpful.
Obviously it’s been a pretty crazy year in real life and I wish everyone the best for the future. It looks like it’s still a way off of being cleared, but we’ll get through it eventually.
Poor mental health is already, and will increasingly become a huge issue with people being unable to carry on with their normal lives, people who have lost income due to furlough or jobs entirely. Hang in there, we will all get through this eventually.
If you’re struggling at all, and obviously this time of year can put increased stress on health levels then please don’t be afraid to reach out to someone, it’s OK to not be OK.
- I donate to MIND who are a mental health charity in the UK. There’s many others of course.
- The NHS site has a help finder;
- The Samaritans are there to help, you can call them on 116 123;
- You can text Shout at 85258;
- If you have lost a loved one it can be an especially hard time, Cruse are there to help (my wife is currently training to be a counsellor with them, she knows this pain)
And of course if you feel you have an issue with Gambling, contact begambleaware.org.
Hope you all have a good Christmas, Adam.
P.S. Won’t be a preview for the Christmas Day game, for obvious reasons, may tweet a little, but not much else. I’ll try and get something up for the Boxing Day games.