As I know they’ll be commonly bet on today, and I’ll more than likely be asked what my favourite is, I figured I’d have a quick scan through the request a bet markets on the main 3 guys. Skybet, Paddypower and William Hill.
But first of all, some links to everything else I’ve compiled over the last fortnight on the big game tonight!
- Superbowl LIII – LA Rams v NE Patriots
- Novelty Superbowl Punts!
- Superbowl LIII Competition time
- Sign up to Redzonebet for their £1,000,000 competition
- Mr Fix it’s tips – Done by me!
- LAST DRAFT KINGS OF THE SEASON
Sky have their usual “Bet £10 get a free £5 to use on the game” offer on, Paddy will probably have a refund as a free bet up to £10 if your #WhatOddsPaddy bet loses, and William Hill as always have their scratchcard thing for a free £5 when you bet £10 on the footy during the day. Betfred also have an offer £10 in play bet for £5 free bet and I’d guess the others would have offers on as well!
So what have we got? Well I have a feeling most of mine will be similar, I think it will be pretty high scoring, the Pats will win narrowly and James White, Edelman, Josh Reynolds will have decent games, so what I’ll be looking for will likely involve combinations of those things.
Right, I think I’ll go up in odds as we go along.
A couple of notes – Sony Michel has 50 receiving yards. OVER THE ENTIRE SEASON – Don’t back something with his receiving yards involved. Shop around – The odds vary quite wildly across the books.
Up to 10/1 odds
Skybet #Requestabet –
- T.Brady 201+ Passing Yards, J.Edelman 71+ Receiving Yards & S.Michel 76+ Rushing Yards – 5/4
- J.Goff 1+ Interceptions, S.Michel 18+ Rush Attempts – 2/1
- Higbee 2+ Receptions, Gronkowski & J.Reynolds 4+ Receptions Each – 9/2 (7/2 on PP)
- T.Gurley 80+ Rushing Yards, S.Michel 80+ Rushing Yards & T.Gurley & S.Michel both to score a TD – 13/2
- New England to win match, T.Brady 300+ Passing Yards, J.White 50+ Receiving Yards & R.Gronkowski to score a TD – 9/1
Paddypower #WhatOddsPaddy –
- J Edelman 5+ receptions – 8/15
- Patriots -2.5, Brady MVP, Brady 2+ passing TDs & Michel to score a TD – 5/1
- CJ Anderson over 40.5 Rushing Yards, J Edelman over 77.5 Receiving Yards & T Higbee over 18.5 Receiving Yards – 5/1
- Patriots -2.5, Gronkowski 56+ receiving yards & James White to score a TD – 10/1
- White, Gurley and Gronk all to score a TD – 10/1
William Hill #YourOdds
- Each team over 100 rushing yards – 4/5
- Michel To Score 2 Or More Touchdowns, Brady Over 300 Passing Yards & Edelman Over 65 Receiving Yards – 13/2
11/1 – 25/1
- Tom Brady 300+ passing yards, Sony Michel 100+ rushing yards, 57+ points & Patriots win -5 – 22/1
- New England Patriots Handicap Betting (-1.5); Total Points (+57.5) Over and James White & Chris Hogan to score TDs – 18/1
William Hill –
- Gurley 1st Rams scorer and Michel first Pats scorer – 16/1
- Gurley and Michel 2+ TDs each – 18/1 (16s on PP, 9s on Skybet)
- Both teams first drives to end in a FG attempt – 22/1
26/1 and above
- Patriots win, J.Edelman 60+ Rec Yds, S.Michel 100+ Rush Yds, J.White 8+ catches & R.Gronkowski to score a TD – 28/1
- T.Brady 350+ Pass Yards & 3+ Pass TDs, B.Cooks & J.Edelman 50+ Rec Yards Each & Goff 2+ Pass TDs – 50/1
- J.White 100+ Receiving Yards, S.Michel 100+ Rushing Yards, J.White 10+ Receptions & S.Michel to score a TD – 125/1
- J.White 50+ Receiving Yards, T.Gurley 100+ Rushing Yards & R.Gronkowski to score 2+ TDs – 125/1
- Sony Michel to score the 1st TD; C.J. Anderson to score a TD; Total Points (+57.5) Over & New England Patriots to Win – 40/1
- T Gurley to score the first & last TD – 40/1
- Michel to score the first & last TD – 50/1
William Hill –
- Todd Gurley Superbowl MVP, Todd Gurley 1st Touchdown Scorer & Gerald Everett To Score A Touchdown – 100/1
As I said at the top, these are all skewed towards certain things so probably won’t be of much use to anyone thinking the Rams are going to win and Michel/Edelman/White are going to have bad games. Of the selections above there’s a couple I’ll probably be backing myself.
- J Edelman 5+ receptions – 8/15 (PP) – I think this is about as close as you can get to being a banker and given that you can only get 4/6 on 7+ receptions in the usual prop areas it’s actually good value as well. – 5 points
- Patriots -2.5, Gronkowski 56+ receiving yards & James White to score a TD – 10/1 (PP) – Free bet offer on this one
- Higbee 2+ Receptions, Gronkowski & J.Reynolds 4+ Receptions Each – 9/2 (Skybet) – £5
- Patriots win, J.Edelman 60+ Rec Yds, S.Michel 100+ Rush Yds, J.White 8+ catches & R.Gronkowski to score a TD – 28/1 (Skybet) – £5
- J.White 100+ Receiving Yards, S.Michel 100+ Rushing Yards, J.White 10+ Receptions & S.Michel to score a TD – 125/1 (Skybet) – Free Bet
Good luck with whatever you’re on tonight, enjoy the game!